Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday , April 3

WE ARE DONE!!! At least with the exercise. It got pretty stressfull, we had a simulated nerve agent sympton on an airman and a fractured leg. We had to do self aid/buddy care on the victims. Problem was it was in full MOPP gear. The simulated people did great acting jobs so it was tough, plus we had evaluators breathing down our neck. We didn't do so hot on the nerve agent, we let the victim pull his mask off, he was going into convulsions. Never let them take off their mask, even if you have to do a major take-down on their ass! Like I said, it's no joke here, they are not playing!! Great learning though, still I'm so glad it's done. We had some jambalaya and shrimp at the Wing Cookout. We're going to finally get to go off base, go check out the town a lil bit! Tomorrow we meet at 9am to 1. go to the Korean National Museum, i heard it's incredible! 2. Go to Seoul Tower, been there before but you can never get tired of that view of the citiy 3. Dinner at Outback then the Hard Rock Cafe in Seoul. Gotta get a shirt,I do it every annual tour i go to. Sunday I'm taking a risk. Mr. Kim (i know, you're going to say "which one? lol) is taking the active to go to Buckansan National Park. They invited me so sure, why not? Here's the risk. There is major, major hiking. Not risky because of the hiking, risky because it's going to take all day and I'm going to miss on some sight seeing. But I heard it's a beautifull views and just some incredible picture-taking. I get pretty adventurous on these tours. Hopefully it will all go well. Here's a sobering thought. On Saturday we have to carry a SAT phone because they may need to recall all of us if North Korea launches their missle. It really trips me out thinking of that, but we can't control it so we just gotta have fun. As exciting as the weekend is going to be, i really do miss my family. I feel bad for a few of the actives, one guys has had to leave his two kids at home and only gets to see them on Christmas. That is so tragic, I can't even imagine. I thank god I'm lucky to be in the reserves and not active!

2 comments:

  1. Timmy,
    Try a Rib-Eye steak at Outback/medium rare. It's delicious! I'm glad Friday has come for you. Now go out and ENJOY, you deserve it! I love your blog!!!! You are in my prayers.
    Love,
    Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete