Thursday, April 9, 2009

thursday april 9


We finished up work for the last time. WHOOOOOHOOO!! We have tomorrow off and are doing a big cookout for the actives (fajitas) Friday. I wish it would’ve been busier but I still learned quite a bit. I need to pick it up a little as a leader back at the unit. True, some of their younger guys needed a careful eye unlike the guys under my supervision back at March, who are a little older. Still, I observed their supervisors doing some good things. Hopefully I’ll see them at the Cookout. I have Mr. Kims email, I’m going to send them some Cardinal ballcaps for them taking us on the trip. I went out on my own to check out some of the ancient palaces near downtown Seoul. It took about two hours to get their by train. By the time I got there they were closed, I had a feeling this might happen, but I had to try. I still got some good pictures. As it got darker I started heading south toward the big buildings. I hit the jackpot. I was smack in the middle of downtown. It was quite a sight to behold. Jumbo-trons everywhere, massive amounts of people, old, young, wild, conservative. Endless amounts of restaurants, bars, nightclubs, and coffee shops. A cool river walk with musicians playing. It is as big as any big city you will ever see. I’ve seen Times Square in Manhattan, and Shinjuuku and Ripongi in Tokyo, and this area could hang with any of them. I walked all over the place, I never got to check this out the last time I was here because I could never get people to go with me. I didn’t worry about it this time. It ended perfectly when I was able to find a train station that was on the 1 line. I had to take three lines to get there. I saved about 35 minutes going back. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment