Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wed. april 1st




Another long day. Someone asked what I did in the Air Froce Reserve. The job is called 2T2X1, or transportation. We ship and recieve either cargo or people on planes. We are half southwest/half UPS what I like to say. We do the computer side, the operations side, and the vehicle side. It's a pretty basic, boring job no I don't shoot people, no I don't fly planes, and no I don't fix planes....But I get paid the same as all of them except the pilots. I scored pretty high on my ASVAB score before I joined, I could have taken other more exciting jobs. Problem is I would have had to go to their technical school longer, the 2T2X1 job was only a two week school instead of three months like most. Actually my job is a little more exciting because I am a higher rank and deal with more of the management issues doing computer stuff, etc. We are working at the passenger terminal here at Osan. I tell ya, it's only day two and the chemical warfare stuff is getting old. But I think they keep drilling it in our heads so it's automatic. We were in MOPP 4 for almost two hours. Had the biggest headache from the gasmask. The only thing humorous today is how many Kim's work in the terminal, and no they're not related. There is mr. Kim, ms. Kim, mr. Kim, mr. Kim, mrs. Kim, and mr. Kim. No joke. They're all very cool, but there are too many of them, they do all the work. They don't get that we're here to do the work, we need the training. I don't think they want to tell us to do stuff. mr. Kim told us not to do the island, temple tour. He said the West sea is nasty, all brown from the yellow dust from China. He said the east coast has some beautifull beaches, but it's a 5 hour trip one way....maybe if we were here longer. Going to go get groceries, I can't wait till Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment